The Co-operative Banking Group
We are an Industrial and Provident Society, which includes The Co-operative Insurance, The Co-operative Bank, Britannia and the internet bank Smile.
We are the only high street bank that clearly tells its customers what it does with their money while it is in the Bank.
We are Europe's most sustainable financial services provider, offering banking and insurance services to personal and business customers. We are the UK's most diversified mutual including, The Co-operative Bank, Insurance, Investments, Asset Management, Britannia and internet bank smile with a vision to become the compelling co-operative alternative.
The Co-operative Bank
The Co‑operative Bank is the only UK high street bank with a clear Ethical Policy that is based on the views of its customers. The Policy sets out the businesses that the Bank will and will not provide banking services and investment of funds to.
The Co‑operative Bank offers a wide range of banking products from mortgages and loans to current accounts, credit cards and saving and investment products. It is also consistently rated highly in independent surveys for excellent customer service and has won many recent awards for a variety of products.
The Co-operative Bank is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (No. 121885), subscribes to the Lending Code and the Financial Ombudsman Service and is licensed by the Office of Fair Trading (No. 006110).
The Co-operative Bank p.l.c., (990937) P.O. Box 101, 1 Balloon Street, Manchester, M60 4EP
The Co-operative Insurance
We are the only co-operative insurance company in the United Kingdom. We have around 4.7 million customers and manage funds worth more than £18bn. We have an Ethical Engagement Policy which was developed in full consultation with our customers and we lobby other businesses at every opportunity to improve ethical and environmental performance on a range of issues, from human rights to the transfer of arms to oppressive regimes, and from the environment to animal welfare.
The Co-operative Asset Management
Our specialist fund management service is unique in the UK, offering a distinctive approach to responsible investing across all of the funds it offers. When we select companies for investment we fully integrate consideration of financial and ESG (environmental, social and governance) issues throughout the investment process. Asset Management carries out the fund management activities of The Co-operative Banking Group and is responsible for investing the money held in pensions, life insurance, general insurance and unit trust funds; a total of around £20bn.
Smile is part of The Co-operative Bank and when launched in 1999 was the UK’s first full Internet Bank. Smile has continued to lead the way ever since with a range of quality products and an impressive list of awards for its service, including six times winner of the Your Money ‘Best Internet Banking Provider’ Award.
Smile provides a comprehensive range of products, from current accounts and loans to credit cards and savings, all of which can be dealt with at a time and place that is suitable to its customers.
342 high street branches
22 Corporate Banking Centres
Major presence in Manchester, Leek, London, Plymouth, Skelmersdale and Stockport
Niall Booker (Chief Executive - Banking Group)
The Co-operative Banking Group leadership team:
- John Hughes, Managing Director, Retail Bank
- Mark Summerfield, Managing Director, Life & Savings and General Insurance
- Helen Taylor, HR Director
- Grahame McGirr, Interim Chief Risk Officer
- John Baines, Interim Chief Financial Officer
- Bruce Hope-MacLellan, Chief Operating Officer
- Rod Bulmer
For account enquires call 08448 44 88 44 24 hours a day, 365 days a year or you can write to us at:
The Co-operative Bank
PO Box 200
Delf House Southway
For general media enquiries please call 0161 903 3833 or contact a member of the Banking Group PR team
|Social media sites
- Smile was the first full internet bank in the UK, and is consistently ranked amongst the best in the industry
- The CIS tower in Manchester is clad in solar panels, making it the largest solar project in the UK
Key achievements / awards
- Multiple award winner in the Moneywise Customer Service Awards
- Best financial services provider in 2012 Which? Awards
- Won 'Best Card Cross Selling Programme of the Year' at UK Card and Payments awards
- Voted Europe's most sustainable bank in 2011 by the Financial Times Sustainable Finance Awards
- Voted best Current Account provider by Money Supermarket
- Voted best online motor provider in the 2011 direct awards by Your Money magazine
- 2012: celebrated 20 years of our Ethical Policy
- 2012: £1bn commitment to invest in green energy
- 2012: Launched mobile banking app
- 2012: New Risk management framework developed
- 2011: Launched pioneering young driver insurance product
- 2009: Britannia becomes part of The Co-operative Banking Group
- 2005: The 25 storey Co-operative Banking Group head office is clad in solar panels, becoming Europe's largest vertical solar array
- 2000: CIS' first Social Accountability report is published
- 1999: The Bank launches smile, the first full internet bank
- 1992: The Bank becomes the first in the world to announce a customer led ethical stance
- 1974: The Bank becomes the first UK bank to offer free banking to those in credit
- 1962: Miller St Chief Office building opens in Manchester, as the tallest building in Europe