The Co-operative Estates
Occupying a unique position within the UK property market we are proud of our ethical and environmental commitments which include; procuring 98% of our energy from renewable sources, leasing our surplus property to local community groups for a nominal rent and achieving BREEAM ‘Outstanding’ accreditation for 1 Angel Square, The Co-operative’s new Head Office building which is currently under construction.
The Co-operative Estates are the custodian of over 10,000 properties across the UK stretching from the Groups retail trading outlets, through our commercial, investment, residential and agricultural portfolios to NOMA - our highly sustainable, 4 million sq ft mixed use, redevelopment in Manchester City Centre.
In addition to generating a profit from our property interests we are responsible for Facilities, Energy and Risk Management across the Group.
Main office in Manchester with responsibility for entire Co-operative Group property portfolio
Martyn Hulme, Managing Director
The Co-operative Estates leadership team:
- Chris Stevens, Head of Property Finance
- Katherine Morris-Bates, Head of Facilities Shared Services
- David Pringle, Director of NOMA
- Amanda Jones, Head of Business Change and Transformation
- Geoff Player, Director of Commercial & Investment Property
- Phillip Willsmer, Director of Risk Shared Services
- Nigel Holden, Head of Energy, Environment and Engineering
- David Roberts, Head of Trading Property
For media enquiries, contact email@example.com
|Social media sites
Despite a challenging market, in 2011 Estates made a trading profit of £9.7m (up £0.1m), with revenue at £18.3m (up 2.2%). Our investment property portfolio valuation fell £3.4m, but the fall was less than the Investment Property Databank (IPD) benchmark.
- The Co-operative Estates are the custodian of over 10,000 properties across the UK.
- Our diverse portfolio stretches from The Co-operative Group’s trading outlets in the food retail, pharmacy, funerals and banking sectors, through our commercial, investment, residential and agricultural portfolios to NOMA - our highly sustainable, 4 million sq ft mixed use, redevelopment in Manchester City Centre.
- We have an active acquisitions and disposals programme as well as providing facilities, energy and risk management services for our properties.
- We are proud of our ethical and environmental commitments which include procuring 98% of our energy from renewable sources
Key achievements / awards
- We achieved BREEAM 'Outstanding' accreditation for the design phase of 1 Angel Square, The Co-operative’s flagship new building in Manchester.