The hearse and the cars following it are called the cortege. There are some things you may wish to consider when making arrangements for transport to and from the funeral:
- Would you prefer a motor or horse-drawn hearse? An additional hearse may also be required to carry the flowers.
- What type of hearse would you prefer? Would you like a standard hearse or something more unusual such as a motor-cycle hearse or a horse-drawn hearse?
- How many limousines will be needed? (most can carry 6 people)
- Where will the cortege leave from?
- Will it take a special route?
- Where will you return to?
- Will you require wheelchair access?
There are many transport options and will discuss these options with you when arranging a funeral. Our funeral directors can make all transport arrangements on your behalf, whatever your wishes.
For further information, help and advice contact your local Co-operative Funeralcare funeral director.