Accidents at work
Every year thousands of people make successful claims for injuries sustained as a result of accidents in the workplace. If you have had an accident while at work you may be able to make a claim for work accident compensation if your employer is at fault.
Compensation for an accident at work is not just restricted to those who were injured whilst working on a building site or in a factory. In fact if you:
- Have been injured in your workplace you may have a claim against your employer whether you work in an office, shop or any other type of environment
- Sustain an injury whilst you are carrying out the duties of your employment in a location which is not your work place, you may still have a claim. This could include working at a customer’s premises, in a public place or elsewhere.
An ethical approach
At The Co-operative, we believe that:
- Everyone should have access to the right level of legal expertise to provide them with support when they have suffered an injury and someone else is at fault
- Everyone should receive compensation which is a fair reflection of the injury they have sustained and which provides for any financial impact and the effect on their lifestyle
As the largest co-operative organisation in the UK, we aim to ensure that our customers receive the best service available from our approved panel of solicitors.
Experts in dealing with accident at work claims
We have access to over 40 specialists who deal with claims for people who have had an accident whilst at work. Our approved panel of solicitors offer the experience and expertise required to successfully pursue your claim.
A different kind of service
At The Co-operative we want to ensure that you are properly looked after so we’ll make sure your appointed solicitors focus on you and your recovery as well as your claim.
Find out more about the focus on you and your recovery.
All legal fees are covered
Pursuing an accident claim can be very stressful. The last thing that you need to worry about is how to pay for legal support to pursue your claim.
- You will receive 100% of your compensation in most cases if the claim is successful
- As part of the independent initial advice you receive you will be advised in your best interests on the most suitable way to fund your claim and whether it is likely to be successful or not.
*Subject to any deduction for contributory negligence and to complying with the terms of a “No Win No Fee” arrangement and funding arrangements agreed with your appointed solicitor
If you have had an accident in the workplace then you must ensure your accident is properly and promptly reported to your manager or supervisor. Every workplace should have an accident book where details of accidents can be reported.
It is essential to get professional advice quickly. Your appointed solicitor will provide you with support on what to do next.