Industrial disease claims
Many people are affected each year by exposure to chemicals, fumes, noise and vibrations which can cause serious illness. If you have contracted a disease caused by your work then you may be able to make an industrial injury claim against your employer if they are at fault. If you are in this situation you may be entitled to receive industrial disease compensation for:
- Your pain and suffering in the past and anticipated in the future, particularly if your condition is likely to deteriorate
- The anticipated loss of earnings and care that might be required as a result of your illness
- Things that you might have to buy to make life easier, for example stair lifts or hearing aids
Our ethical approach
At The Co-operative, we believe that:
- Everyone should have access to the right level of legal expertise to provide them with support when they have suffered an illness and someone else is a fault
- Everyone should receive compensation which is a fair reflection of the illness they have sustained, and which provides for any financial impact and the effect on their lifestyle
- As the largest co-operative organisation in the UK, we aim to ensure that customers receive the best service available.
Specialists in industrial disease claims
You will have access to an expert legal team from our approved panel of solicitors who specialise in industrial disease claims. They handle a wide range of industrial disease cases, some of which have become legal precedents for other cases and are regarded as leaders in their field of expertise.
A different kind of service
At The Co-operative we want to ensure that you are properly looked after so we’ll make sure that your appointed solicitors focus on you and your rehabilitation as well as your claim.
All legal fees are covered
Pursuing an accident claim can be very stressful. The last thing that you need to worry about is how to pay for legal support to pursue your claim.
- You will receive 100% of your compensation in most cases if the claim is successful *
- As part of the independent initial advice you receive you will be advised in your best interests on the most suitable way to fund your claim and whether it is likely to be successful or not.
*Subject to any deduction for contributory negligence and to complying with the terms of a “No Win No Fee” arrangement and funding arrangements agreed with your appointed solicitor.
Due to the serious nature of industrial disease claims it is important that you seek advice quickly on what to do next. Your appointed solicitor will assess your situation and provide you with the support and advice you need on what to do next.
What to do now
If you are suffering from a disease caused by conditions at work, call now for free legal advice. Your solicitor will listen to your situation and advise you on what to do next.