Medical negligence claims
Compensation claims relating to medical or clinical negligence can be made against a wide range of healthcare providers including NHS hospitals, GPs, private hospitals, dentists and cosmetic surgeons.
Our ethical approach
At The Co-operative, we believe that:
- Everyone should have access to the right level of legal expertise to provide them with support when they have suffered an injury as a result of medical negligence
- Everyone should receive compensation which is a fair reflection of the injury they have sustained, and which provides for any financial impact and the effect on their lifestyle
- As the largest co-operative organisation in the UK, we aim to ensure that customers receive the best service available.
Specialists in medical negligence claims
You will have access to a team of 40 specialist medical and clinical negligence solicitors from our approved panel of solicitors who have a wealth of experience in dealing with all types of potential medical negligence claims.
A different kind of service
At The Co-operative we want to ensure that you are properly looked after so we’ll make sure a solicitor from our approved panel of solicitors focus on you and your recovery as well as your claim.
We appreciate that when you call for help you may not just be interested in claiming medical negligence compensation. Many of our customers want to try to stop similar injuries happening to other people or ensure that practices at hospitals are changed. Your appointed solicitor will take a sympathetic approach to your claim. They can also help you make the best of your recovery by providing advice on how to get the best medical support, how to access assistance from local authorities and how to claim benefits.
Find out more about the focus on you, your claim and your recovery
All legal fees are covered
Pursuing a clinical negligence claim can be very stressful. The last thing that you need to worry about is how to pay for legal support. Your appointed expert teams will provide a personal injury claim service where the funding of legal fees is always fully taken into account:
- You will receive 100% of your compensation in most cases if the claim is successful *
- As part of the independent initial advice you receive you will be advised in your best interests on the most suitable way to fund your claim and whether it is likely to be successful or not.
*Subject to any deduction for contributory negligence and to complying with the terms of a “No Win No Fee” arrangement and funding arrangements agreed with your appointed solicitor
If you have suffered an injury or illness as a result of negligent medical treatment it is essential to get legal advice on what to do next.
What to do now
Call now for free advice. Your appointed solicitor will assess your situation and advise you on what to do next.