Administration and other services
- Corresponding with the identifiable personal representatives and beneficiaries of the estate during the provision of our service
- Corresponding with the identifiable financial institutions and organisations relevant to the estate during the provision of our service
- Verifying and valuing the identifiable assets and debts of the estate in England and Wales
- Gathering the identifiable assets of the estate
- Transferring all jointly held assets into sole name, including property
- Paying any debts and liabilities from the estate
- Preparing the accounts of the estate
- Distributing the estate to the beneficiaries
- Setting up any trusts relevant to the estate
If there is a property in the estate within England and Wales our service includes:
- Placing any buildings and contents under our specialist insurance policy. The insurance premium will be charged as a disbursement of the estate
- Transferring the ownership of property from the deceased to the beneficiaries, if the property is not to be sold. HM Land Registry fees will be charged as a disbursement of the estate
If the property to be sold, our service includes appointing and communicating with the:
- Estate Agent for the marketing and sale of the property
- Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) provider
- Conveyancer for the transfer of ownership of the property to be sold
If required, we offer comprehensive Estate Agency and Conveyancing services.
To carry out our Grant of Representation and Estate Administration Service we have to appoint third party organisations in order to provide specialist services. The costs of these services are disbursements and will be charged in addition to the fixed fee for our Grant of Representation and Estate Administration Service.
Depending of the needs of the estate or your wishes additional services may be required. Our fees for additional services are in addition to the fixed fee for our Grant of Representation and Estate Administration Service.
Additional services are available and may be required in order to ensure the effective administration of the estate. Additional services include:
- Completing outstanding Income Tax returns other than the most recent tax return
- Drafting and executing an Instrument of Variation
- Handling affairs relating to foreign, heritage, business or agricultural assets
- CHAPs transfers and foreign payments
Additional services for the sale of a property include:
- Estate Agency service
- Conveyancing service
We also provide the following additional services which can assist in planning ahead.
- Free advice on writing a Will and a comprehensive Will Writing Service for Personal Representatives, beneficiaries and their families.
Once we have obtained the Grant of Representation and confirmed the value of the estate, we will administer all aspects of the estate for assets held in the sole name of the deceased. We also include the transfer of joint assets as part of the service.
There is a huge amount of paperwork, form-filling correspondence and administration to be carried out even after the Grant of Representation has been obtained and the estate has been valued.