Town of residence: Tonypandy Occupation: Retired
Age: 77 Ethnicity: White Welsh
1. What is your current involvement in The Co-operative?
I am a member of the South Wales Area Committee and currently its chair.
I am an elected member from the South Wales Area Committee to the Cymru/Wales Regional Board.
2. What qualifications and/or experience do you possess that are relevant to the position of area committee member?
I have my ICD Certificate together with experience to :-
· Trading Reports.
· Post-development appraisal information.
· National sales and profitability details.
· Regular reports on the family of business.
· Review management proposals.
· Monitor Performance.
· Make Recommendations.
· Consider Capital Expenditure Proposals.
· Request Reports
3. What other qualities would you bring to the role of area committee member?
Other qualifications I bring are the ability to listen, question, debate, decide, communicate and act upon decisions taken, to work as a member of a team, leading if required.
I have the knowledge and understanding to analyse information whether it is written or spoken, in order to make sound decisions.
4. What aspirations do you have for The Co-operative?
The aspirations I have are:-
· For the family of businesses to work more closely with each other.
· Increase our Membership.
· Wider knowledge amongst our members of Our Values & Principles.
· To maintain good quality products whether it is in food, dry goods or Financial Services.
· To become the Society that everyone wants to become a member of.
· To continue being part of Our Communities.