Co-op donating £10 to British Red Cross for every new home or motor insurance policy bought
07 December 2016
- Help tackle loneliness through your insurance policy
The Co-op insurance has launched a new initiative that will see £10 from every new home or car insurance policy* taken out by new customers, go to support the British Red Cross help tackle loneliness and social isolation across the UK.
Between now and 28 December 2016:
- Co-op Insurance will give £10 to British Red Cross, from every new home or car insurance policy taken out by new customers
- Offer valid when you buy car or home (combined buildings and contents) insurance directly from Co-op Insurance, before 28 December 2016.
As charity partners the money raised will assist the Red Cross in providing vital care and support for thousands of people who are isolated or experiencing loneliness helping them reconnect with their communities. Research has shown that:
- Loneliness can affect anyone, of any age or background
- Loneliness is twice as bad for health as obesity
- 35% of Co-op Members know someone in their community who is lonely
James Hillon, Products and Propositions Director at Co-op Insurance, said:
“As an insurer, we recognise the importance of caring for people – as well as their property – within their communities.
“Loneliness and social isolation can affect anyone, both young and old, at varying stages of their lives, and we are so pleased that this fundraising scheme will provide unquestioning care and support to people in their darkest hour. We hope to donate a substantial amount to British Red Cross over the coming month.”
Mark Astarita, Executive Director of Fundraising at the British Red Cross, said:
“Every contribution to this partnership from Co-op’s staff, members and the public is vital to help us tackle loneliness and social isolation. These funds will enable the British Red Cross to provide services for thousands more isolated and lonely people, and give them the support they need to reconnect with their communities. We want to thank Co-op’s new customers for their valued contribution to our partnership.”
Notes to editor
For more information and terms and conditions visit co-op.co.uk/insurance
* Exclusions and limitations apply. Offers may be withdrawn at any time. CIS General Insurance Limited (trading as Co-op Insurance) will pay £10 to support the British Red Cross, a registered charity (number 220949) for every car insurance policy or home (combined buildings and contents) insurance policy purchased by new customers during the promotion. A new customer is someone who has not had a car insurance policy or home (combined buildings and contents) policy with Co-op Insurance in the last 12 months. Offer ends 28/12/2016. Exclusions apply see full Terms and Conditions.
For more information please contact:
Press and Media Relations Manager
0161 767 4354 / 07770 441 828
The Co-operative Group
The Co-operative Group, one of the world’s largest consumer co-operatives, with interests across food, funerals, insurance, electrical and legal services, has a clear purpose of championing a better way of doing business for you and your communities. Owned by millions of UK consumers, The Co-operative Group operates a total of 3,750 outlets, with more than 70,000 employees and an annual turnover of approximately £10 billion.
The British Red Cross
The British Red Cross is a volunteer-led humanitarian organisation that helps people in crisis, whoever and wherever they are. The British Red Cross enables vulnerable people at home and overseas to prepare for and respond to emergencies in their own communities. And when the crisis is over, the Red Cross helps people recover and move on with their lives.
The British Red Cross runs over 200 independent living projects across the country. This includes over 160 hospital and community services across the UK reaching more than 80,000 support at home service users and recruiting, training and supporting a mixed team of volunteers and staff to support them.