You’re hired! Apprenticeship options at the Co-op
17 August 2017
With A-level results day upon us, it’s vital to remember that you still have options, especially if you've not made the grades or you’re still unsure what career path you wish to take.
With apprenticeship participation now standing at a record level in the UK – in the 2015/16 academic year there were 899,400 funded apprentices – apprenticeships offer a great route to work, and the chance to learn whilst you earn.
Over the past 6-years the Co-op has successfully trained over 3,500 apprentices, with plans to take on another 1,000 apprentices during 2017, having just recruited six school leavers in its Insurance Business. The Co-op currently has openings for Level 2 (equivalent to 5 GCSE passes) up to Level 6 (equivalent to a master’s degree) apprenticeships across many of its business areas.
- Funeralcare has an ongoing programme and this can be accessed via any Funeralcare vacancy
- Co-op Food will be recruiting fifty external Level 2 apprentices
- Co-op Insurance offer apprenticeships in Customer Service, Insurance and Actuarial
- Ongoing opportunities across support centre in areas such as digital, IT, HR and Business Administration.
Co-op Apprenticeships will offer apprentices:
- The opportunity to work towards a nationally recognised apprenticeship
- The chance to learn about co-operation. The course will cover such topics as the co-operative model for conducting business and its values and principles
- An introduction to the Co-op’s Social Goals programme and learn how its campaigning work can make a difference to individuals and communities
- The opportunity to become members of the Co-op and enjoy the benefits of membership
Lloyd Thomas, Group Apprenticeship Manager at the Co-op said:
“All our apprenticeships are permanent roles and are a fantastic way to build confidence, and learn new skills all whilst earning a wage which is appropriate for the role. We’ve designed our apprenticeships to allow our colleagues to move-up or move on to other areas of our business, opening a vast number of exciting doors and opportunities.”
Co-op’s retail apprenticeship programme opens on 4 September. In addition to this the Co-op will be exhibiting at the Apprenticeship Show in Manchester Central on 16-17 October a great opportunity to find out all about what is on offer.
For more information or to find out more please go to: jobs.coop.co.uk
Notes to Editor
About the Co-op Group:
The Co-op is one of the world’s largest consumer co-operatives, with interests spanning food, funerals, insurance, electrical and legal services. It has a clear purpose of championing a better way of doing business for you and your communities. Owned by over 4 million members, the Co-op has 3,800 outlets in communities across the UK. It employs around 69,000 people and has an annual turnover of over £9.5 billion.
Corporate PR Manager 0161 692 2468